Life drawing - Lesson 2



In our first exercise we were given 10 minutes to draw the model with a material of our choice. I decided to use a graphite pencil so that it would be easier for me to use in order to shade the body and make it seem three dimensional. I believed that the outcome was successful but in order to improve I needed to focus on the shapes within the model rather that the model's outline. For the next exercise I then produced 8 more smaller sketches. We were given between 2 and 5 minutes to draw each position before the model then moved on to the next one. I realised after my first smaller sketch that I was still focusing on the outline of the model, realising this then allowed me to focus on the shapes that build up the model. I believe that looking at the shapes which made up the model benefited me as it also helped with the proportions of my drawings.




For our final exercise we were given 20 minutes to complete a drawing using a material of our choice on black paper. The model was posed sitting in front of a heated lamp and the lights were dimmed to give the model a glow on one side. I made sure to carefully consider the colours and materials that I was using for this exercise as I wanted to use a lighter colour for where the light was hitting the model as well as a colour for the mid tone. I believe that this sketch was successful as the colours I used to show the warmth within the model worked effectively. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (2004) - Non-linear storytelling

Film review: A Knight's Tale (2001) - A Hero's journey