Life drawing - Sketching and tone


Life drawing 1:

In this exercise we were given the choice as to what material to use to sketch the model in front of us. We were given 20 minutes to complete this task and work to the best of our ability. In this exercise I chose to work using a graphite stick as I believed it would be suitable for sketching quickly and for adding tone.


Life drawing 2:

In the next exercise we were given between 1 to 5 minutes to quickly sketch the model in a variety of different positions. During this exercise I used compressed charcoal. I was advised to use compressed charcoal as I would help with improving my shading techniques and emphasise different features on the model.


Life drawing 3:

In the final exercise the model stayed in one position and we were given 20 minutes to complete another sketch. Within this sketch we were to focus on tone which is why I continued to use compressed charcoal. I also ensured to make the outline of my drawings curved to make the model look more realistic.


I believed that I benefitted from this life drawing class as it enabled me to see the different aspects within my drawings that I need to focus on. I believe that I need to improve on my proportions within the drawings to enable them to look more realistic as well as the shading techniques that I use to enable the drawing to look three dimensional. 


Comments

  1. I love the shading in the last one Tia :) Good start!

    On an unrelated note, could you have a look at how your blog is named please... once I have clicked on your post in the reading list and your entry comes up, there is no indication who's blog it is I am looking at. Tricky, when I have lots of tabs open...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (2004) - Non-linear storytelling

Film review: A Knight's Tale (2001) - A Hero's journey