Lesson 05 - Animation - Halloween animation


In today's animation class we were told to create a Halloween animation that included all of the techniques that we had learnt in our previous animation classes. Below is the animation that I created:




In the animation we were told to include arcs, to show weight, to use the squash and stretch technique, to use timing and spacing correctly in the animation and to look at layers and depth within the environment.

In the animation, when the doll's head is about to reattach to its body I incorporated an arc. I believed that using it in this part of the animation added to the effect that the head is floating and finding it difficult to attach itself back onto the body.

When the doll's head falls off of its shoulders I made sure to think about weight of the doll's head to help with timing. As the doll's head is heavy I made sure that the head would reach the floor quickly. I also used the squash and stretch technique subtly when the doll's head hits the floor. I used it in this part of the animation as it shows the at the doll's head is softer than a human's head as it is able to squash more as it does not have a skull.

To show the depth of the environment I looked at perspective drawings and and angle of lines.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (2004) - Non-linear storytelling

Film review: A Knight's Tale (2001) - A Hero's journey