Digital painting - Production design



In our digital painting lesson we were told to choose a piece of paper from one box, which was to do with an everyday object, and another box that was to do with either an animal or plant. From the boxes I selected 'lizard' and 'wardrobe' which meant that I needed to create a wardrobe inspired by a lizard. For this I chose to research into horned lizards, because of their interesting shaped horns, and antique wardrobes, due to their style and the materials used to construct them. I then created an influence map from the images that I found.

Influence map
After creating the influence map, I then looked into the wood material of the wardrobe and the texture on the lizard. From this, I then creating drawings. 



From then I then started to create thumbnail sketches of different wardrobe ideas that were inspired by a lizard.



I then selected thumbnail number 2 and progressed it further by adding colour and texture to the design. I linked this wardrobe to a horned lizard by incorporating horn shapes into the top of the wardrobe and the wardrobe doors. I also added spikes onto the drawer handles and blood to be secreting from the top of the wardrobe doors, the wardrobe door handles and the top of the drawers at the bottom of the wardrobe. I did this as to prevent anybody from opening the wardrobe as horned lizards are known to squirt blood from their eyes into the eyes or mouth of their predators as a prevention of being eaten. This caused for me to believe that this would also prevent somebody from trying to access the wardrobe.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (2004) - Non-linear storytelling

Film review: A Knight's Tale (2001) - A Hero's journey