Life drawing - Lesson 3


Here is a 20 minute life drawing sketch that I created on white water colour paper using a graphite stick and red and blue coloured pencils. As always, with my first life drawings in the session, my drawing was disproportionate, as shown in the legs and upper body. I did find this exercise beneficial as I was able to use the blue for darker and the red for lighter tones on the body. I was also able to use the direction of the colour to imply that the model is three dimensional.  


Here is a 20 minute life drawing that I created on black paper using three different coloured pastels. I found that using three different shades was very beneficial as it allowed me to use a neutral colour as well as a colour for highlights and shadows.


Here are my final 10 small sketches from today's life drawing session. Each sketch was completed in between 1 and 5 minutes and was created using a light coloured pastel on black paper. These are my favourite sketches from today as I was able to use simple shapes to recreate the model's body and positions. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (2004) - Non-linear storytelling

Film review: A Knight's Tale (2001) - A Hero's journey