Life drawing - Lesson 5


For our first exercise we were given 20 minutes to complete a response to the model with a material of our choice. I chose ink and water again this week as I like the style that I am able to produce with it. As shown, I struggled with proportions. 

For this exercise  we were given 5 minutes for each drawing. Our model positioned himself in 5 different poses so that they represented him competing and winning a race. For this exercise I used blue pastel on black paper as I liked the contrast.

In the final exercise we were told to focus on the model's facial expressions and on the props that the model was wearing. We were given 10 minutes to complete each response. For this exercise I wanted to experiment further with black ink and water as I found the effect that the water leaves when mixed with the ink very interesting. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (2004) - Non-linear storytelling

Film review: A Knight's Tale (2001) - A Hero's journey