Monster character design - Preppy monster 2


After selecting my final monster design, I then scanned my A3 design onto the computer and imported the image to Adobe Illustrator. By doing this I was able to place the image on a layer below a drawing layer which allowed for me to trace the outline of the character and create a digital copy of the image.



Once I had completed outlining my monster design I then moved on to adding colour to my image. For this, I created a new layer and placed it below the layer which consisted of my character's outline. This enabled me to be able to colour the image and then, if I needed to at any point, remove the colour and be left with the character's outline. 


Once I had completed colouring my character, I then moved onto creating multiple versions of it in a variety of colours to show how I would be able to make different types of my character if necessary.



After completing creating different versions of my character, I then moved onto adding shading to my original character in order to make her look three dimensional.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (2004) - Non-linear storytelling

Film review: A Knight's Tale (2001) - A Hero's journey