'What if?' Metropolis - Reflective statement


For this project we were told to build a city inspired by an artist's work in which we were able to choose. Dale Chihuly was the glass sculptor who I collaborated with for my project. Chihuly works with coloured glass to create beautiful sculptures which are influenced by Chilhuly's love for botanical gardens and organic form. He uses bright colour in his work, making each sculpture more attractive and eye catching. 

One challenge that I encountered in the project was when creating the 3D models of my city's buildings in Maya. I found it difficult to understand what basic polygons I should have used in order to start the creation of some of the buildings such as the church. I spoke to both Simon and Jordan for help and then decided on which one of their methods would be best to create it with. I then found that once I had modeled some of the buildings I struggled with warping them to make them seem more organic. 

I believe that some aspects such as the texturing for my buildings were successful, as shown in the crit I was given. In the textures I was able to provide realistic detail and suggest three dimensional aspects to the buildings. 

I believe that I found certain aspects of this project challenging at first, but, now that I have completed the project, I know that I would be able to work at a quicker pace but the quality of my work would still remain. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (2004) - Non-linear storytelling

Film review: A Knight's Tale (2001) - A Hero's journey