Character design - Lesson 2


For the first half of the lesson we were taught about how the shaping and spacing of a character can cause for them to be perceived differently by an audience. We were then given a group of characters to design, looking at their shaping and how that effects the character overall. 

The group that I was given was 'Space Trooper'. I created a collection of  character drawings. 


Below are some of the drawings that I then proceeded to design further:

 

Here are the developed drawings:




I also created a new character based on a different character.

Once we had completed that exercise, we then moved onto looking at character silhouettes and how if a character has a detailed and interesting silhouette, then the character will be interesting.

I was given the group 'Medieval Gothic' and I created two silhouettes:


Here is a silhouette of a dark priest that I created. I was told that in order to make the silhouette and therefore the character more interesting I would have to add more details to the outside of the character and enhance texture.


Here is the second silhouette that I created. Although it is not complete, I like how I have using the shaping of the character to make him seem strong. This is due to the bulky armor.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (2004) - Non-linear storytelling

Film review: A Knight's Tale (2001) - A Hero's journey