Character design - Lesson 3

For the first half of the lesson we were told to design weapons for a well known character as if they were going into battle. I chose Ralph from 'Wreck-It Ralph'.


These are the first weapon design ideas that I came up with. My first weapon was a knuckle duster with a spiked wrecking ball attached. Once I'd spoken to Justin, I then reconsidered the design and left it as just a spiked wrecking ball attached to a chain in which Ralph would wrap around his arm. I then thought about giving Ralph a grapple shooter but then thought that it would not fit in with his character or style. 


I then decided to draw three more weapon ideas on was a larger hammer that Ralph could use to hit other people. I also thought about Ralph having a 'brick belt' so that he could throw bricks at people. I then moved onto a petrol bomb as Ralph is considered as an almost hill billy character and hill billies create moonshine.

For the second half of the lesson, we then looked at inanimate objects and ways in which we could make them into characters. We were each told to create three characters from objects within a room in a house. I was given the living room.

Here us my sofa character. For the eyes I used pillows with dark polka dots on them. I then used larger, more slanted pillows for the eyebrows and the two larger lower cushions to create the lips and mouth.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (2004) - Non-linear storytelling

Film review: A Knight's Tale (2001) - A Hero's journey