Life drawing - Lesson 2



For the first and second exercise we were given 30 seconds to draw the pose that the model had taken. After the the 30 seconds the model then changed pose. For these exercises I used a blue felt tip pen.



For the third exercise we given a minute for each pose and were told to draw five poses to create a walk cycle. For this exercise I used a grey felt tip pen. I believe that the last pose I drew (at the bottom right) was my most successful.



For the fourth exercise we were given 10 minutes to draw the model, focusing on light. I decided to focus on the light on his face. Here I used four shades of felt tip pens to try and make the lighting effect on his face more effective.


For the fifth exercise we were given 25 minutes to complete the drawing. I continued to focus on lighting on the model's skin. I believe this is my most successful piece as the whole body is shown and the perspective is correct.


For the sixth exercise we were give another 25 minutes. Here I continued to look at the lighting on the model. I also focused on the material and how to create texture.


Comments

  1. I missed these, Tia - nice work - somehow much more confident these days!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (2004) - Non-linear storytelling

Film review: A Knight's Tale (2001) - A Hero's journey