Premise OGR #1 - Little Monster

Comments

  1. Tia – Overall, I like where this project/film is heading and the general level of information covered by your OGR. Importantly, the project has a personal theme and is something I think other people would find helpful and relatable. I can see that you have tried to explore all angles of the project and have thought carefully about each part. All of this is very positive.

    However, whist you’ve conceptually ‘covered all bases’ I feel that general quality of the practical results needs improving. For example, character design - I can see that you are thinking the right ideas (based upon our tutorials etc), but the practical results are not there yet. Particularly, the version of yourself. The Diabetes character needs refining and a bit more consistency in all views. What I suggest you do is to work in the University over the coming weeks so that you can get advice and I can show you practically how to improve your characters. You need to do this several times and in person – it’s a little too hard to help you via emails and your blog in this case.

    In terms of your ‘story’ I think this needs to go through development/refinement process too. Again, it has all the right information but is not quite an ‘animated short’ yet, visually speaking. That is something we can discuss as your characters become more resolved.

    What I would like you to do is to gather together visual research – Character designs that could influence the ‘you’ design. I know that you have images in your OGR but I think those choices haven’t filtered through into your practical work fully as yet. So lets start from the ground again and build up a design.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (2004) - Non-linear storytelling

Film review: A Knight's Tale (2001) - A Hero's journey