Minor - Submission



I have created this project in order to explain how I came to find out that I had Type One Diabetes and how it effects me in my day to day life. In this project I have decided to personify my Diabetes into a little monster character in order to show how suddenly it can cause me to change emotionally. This has also allowed me to express myself through the character by how he acts and the use of comedy throughout the animation.


The goal for this Minor submission was to create a new animatic, create an 'Art of' document, to create a character show reel and an asset show reel. I feel as though I have completed what was asked but due to some technical errors the character is only body is the only thing rigged. Although it was agreed that I would have this completed for the deadline, I know that I focused more on texturing the animation's assets rather than spending half of my time on the assets and the other half on my character. 

I am looking forward to progressing my animation further as this will allow myself to learn more about texturing and how it can be painted and applied to create a realistic effect. Further into my project, I hope to experiment with software such as Substance Painter to make the textures in the animation look more realistic and to help me with a future career as a texture artist.



Art of - Little Monster


Final Animatic



Asset Turn arounds



Character Turn around



My premise submission is below:
https://tiawhitehead.blogspot.com/2019/05/premise-crit.html 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (2004) - Non-linear storytelling

Film review: A Knight's Tale (2001) - A Hero's journey