Life drawing - Lesson 9

Here are my life drawing pieces from last week's life drawing class. 

In this exercise we were given 20 minutes to create our pieces. In this piece I used different shades of green and yellow pastels to show tone. I also used red pastel to express the colour of the model's bowtie and wig. I used a water brush to blend the pastels.


In this exercise we drew six quick sketches of the model and were given between 1 and 4 minutes to complete each of them. I used red, green and yellow pastel in this exercise to show the shaping, highlights and low lights on the model as well as green pastel to show the hoop. 


This is my final piece from the session. We were given around 40 minutes to complete a study of the model to show how the use of light helps with defining the body. I used a variety of different coloured pastels for this piece. I think that this piece is successful as it is in proportion and it is easy to understand where the light hits the model's body.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (2004) - Non-linear storytelling

Film review: A Knight's Tale (2001) - A Hero's journey